Grace Lutheran was founded in 1874. Grace was also known as the Evangelical or English Lutheran Church until 1889.
For many years Grace served as an internship site for the ELCA, The first intern came to Grace in 1973. Grace was thus part of educating these future pastors, who now serve across the wider church.
In 1993 Grace became the first organization in the community to ring bells for the Salvation Army. Grace drew in people from other churches and this project is now an annual community project. Grace is also a supporting agency for the Mobile Food Pantry which comes to West Point once a month.
Grace continues to be an integral part of the West Point community, reaching out to those in need.